2018 Yamaha Kodiak 700
When you rely on your ATV to get the job done, you can't afford overlooking quality, value and reliability. The Kodiak 700 excels in all three and is the most important tool you've got when the job demands a workhorse. The choice is easy.
• Independent Double Wishbone front and rear suspension offer superior traction and comfort.
• Special "wide arc" A-Arms optimize tread width and provide increased comfort, maneuverability and ground clearance.
• Durable sealed rear wet brake system provides strong and reliable stopping power while reducing wear from external elements.
• 708cc engine provides lots of linear torque and power for utility applications like towing or hauling heavy loads.
• Fuel injection offers crisp throttle response and excellent cold-weather starting.
• The industry's most durable CVT comes in the form of the Yamaha Ultramatic Transmission. A proven winner, with confidence inspiring downhill engine braking.
• Body design is as practical as it is stylish with excellent splash protection, plenty of storage and easy access to essential maintenance items.
• Kodiak 700's total rack capacity is over 300 lbs. combined with 1,322 lbs of towing capacity.
• Thick, plush seat with flat design offers excellent ergonomics and comfort.
- 708cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, single produces serious torque & horsepower.
- Electric starting: includes auto decompression system for fast, easy starts
- DOHC 4-valve cylinder head design: 2-intake (39 mm) & 2-exhaust (32 mm) valves provide maximum breathing efficiency; compact combustion chamber for optimum combustion speed, plus reduced heat & power losses; shim under bucket valve actuation for extended valve adjustment intervals
- Aluminum cylinder body with cast iron liner: aluminum design reduces weight; cylinder can be over bored in the event of an issue (2 sizes of overbore)
- Short skirt forged aluminum piston with Defric coating: reduced reciprocating mass means fast throttle response & less mechanical vibration; Defric coating reduces friction for improved power output
- Gear driven balancer shaft: reduces engine vibration for improved rider comfort
- 44 mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system with TPS & ISC: TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) is used to more precisely calculate the fuel injection quantity for optimum power, excellent throttle response & reduced emissions; ISC (Idle Speed Control) helps ensure a steady idle even during warm up; other fuel injection benefits include; choke-free starting, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
- Throttle speed limiter: easy to adjust, screw type throttle speed limiter
- High mounted, high capacity air box with washable foam air filter: no tools required to access air filter; washable foam filter reduces tune-up costs; high mounted design helps prevent water ingestion; air box features a "no tools required" drain
- Yamaha's industry leading "Ultramatic" CVT (fully automatic) transmission with reverse & downhill engine braking: dual range, high - low transmission with reverse. Low range offers more "grunt" for towing or hauling heavy loads or when tackling technical terrain: CVT automatically selects the optimum transmission ratio, meaning you are always in the right "gear"; Ultramatic design offers controllable, confidence inspiring downhill engine braking; downhill engine braking reduces brake wear & servicing; Ultramatic design features a special centrifugal clutch which keeps constant tension on the V-belt to reduce belt wear since the belt does not slip as the clutches engage; high mounted belt cooling ducts help prevent water ingestion; V-belt housing has a "no tools required" drain plug; automotive style, gated, 5-postion shifter (high, low, neutral, reverse & park)
- Convenient, handlebar mounted 2wd - 4wd drive selector lever: drive system features 2 modes: 2wd & 4wd limited slip
- Straight design front & rear drive shafts: straight driveshaft layout eliminates U-joints for reduced friction, reduced noise & reduced vibration; front & rear CV drive shafts feature heavy duty rubber boots to protect the CV joints for extended service life & durability
- High capacity cooling system with electric cooling fan: maintains consistent engine temperatures for optimum performance; rad is positioned high in the frame for protection
- Wet sump lubrication system: spin on type oil filter for fast, easy oil changes
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI): produces a strong spark for fast starts; provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Stainless steel exhaust system with catalyzer & cleanable spark arrestor: spark arrestor prevents stray sparks from exiting the exhaust; catalyzer reduces exhaust emissions; stainless steel design helps prevent rusting (muffler is painted)
- Air Injection System (AIS) injects fresh air into exhaust port to fully burn any unburnt fuel, reducing exhaust emissions.
- Rugged round tube, steel frame: compact design provides nimble, responsive handling; low seat height (860 mm / 33.9") reduces centre of gravity & improves rider confidence / security
- Adjustable independent double wishbone front & rear suspension: 5-position pre-load adjustable, nitrogen charged KYB front & rear shocks; 193 mm (7.6") front wheel travel & 231 mm (9.1") rear wheel travel; excellent rider comfort even on the toughest trails
- Steel "Wide Arc" style front A-arms: "Wide Arc" design increases ground clearance in the centre of the machine; 275 mm (10.8") of ground clearance
- Steel double wishbone rear A-arms: utilizes anti-sway bar on rear for optimum handling & reduced body roll
- Front hydraulic disc brakes: independent (separate) front & rear braking for enhanced control & terrain-ability; dual 220 mm (8.7") front rotors squeezed by single piston calipers; pads feature wear indicator grooves for visual pad wear inspection
- Rear "wet brake."; single rear "wet brake" is fully enclosed in the rear gear case housing; enclosed design keeps mud & water from entering the system & causing premature wear; consistent braking performance
- High-Performance MAXXIS tires: 25-inch size; tire design enhances steering precision, ride comfort & traction
- 18 litre fuel tank: located under the seat to lower the centre of gravity & centralize mass for nimble handling; reserve portion is 4 litres (low fuel light will illuminate)
- Rugged & roomy floorboards: excellent rider foot protection; helps reduce mud & water splash
- Warning & indicator light style meter assembly. NOTE: Since the base Kodiak is a value priced ATV it does not come with a traditional multi-function LCD meter assembly, instead it features a series of warning & indicator lights: warning lights include: low fuel & coolant temperature: indicator lights include: neutral, reverse, park & 4-wheel drive (when engaged)
- Centrally located storage compartment: centre storage compartment (directly in front of the rider) with no tools required drain plug
- Convenient, 12 volt DC outlet: front fender mounted 10 amp / 120 watt, 12 volt DC outlet for work light, GPS, cell phone, etc..
- Full length skid plates: underside of unit is fully protected by rugged composite skid plates (3 piece design); engine oil drain hole in centre skid plate; skid plates enhance terrain ability by allowing unit to slide more easily over obstacles
- High visibility lighting: 30/30 watt Krypton main headlights; rear tail light (brake & running lights)
- Heavy duty steel front & rear racks & trailer hitch; front rack max load: 50 kg (110 lbs.); rear rack max load: 90 kg (198 lbs.); heavy duty steel plate style trailer hitch (ball not included); towing capacity: 600 kg (1,322 lbs.)
- Aggressive styling: injection-molded fenders with special scuff guard finish in selected areas
- Low maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during extended storage)
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, fuel injected, single
- Displacement: 708cc
- Bore and Stroke: 103 mm x 85 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.1 : 1
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni 44 mm throttle body F.I.
- Ignition: TCI
- Starting: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic CVT with lever operated 2WD - 4WD drive mode selector
- Final Drive: Shafts
- Suspension (Front): Adjustable independent double wishbone / 180 mm (7.1 in.) of wheel travel
- Suspension (Rear): Adjustable independent double wishbone with anti-sway bar / 232 mm (9.1 in.) of wheel travel
- Brakes (Front): Dual 220 mm discs / single piston calipers
- Brakes (Rear): Multi-Disc wet brake in rear gearcase
- Tires (Front): Maxxis, AT25 x 8-12
- Tires (Rear): Maxxis, AT25 x 10-12
- Length: 2070 mm (81.5 in.)
- Width: 1180 mm (46.5 in.)
- Height: 1240 mm (48.8 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1250 mm (49.2 in.)
- Minimum Ground Clearance: 275 mm (10.8 in.)
- Turn Radius: 3.2 m (126 in.)
- Tread (Front): 940 mm (37 in.)
- Tread (Rear): 915 mm (36 in.)
- Seat Height: 860 mm (33.9 in.)
- Wet Weight: 300 kg (661 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 18 L (4 Imp. gal.)
- Rack Capacity (Front): 50 kg (110 lb.)
- Rack Capacity (Rear): 90 kg (198 lb.)
- Towing Capacity: 600 kg (1,322 lb.)
- Colour(s): Yamaha Blue (steel wheels), Red (steel wheels)
- Warranty: One year (unlimited mileage)
- Engine Type
- DOHC, 4-valve, fuel injected, single
- Bore x Stroke
- 103 mm x 85 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Mikuni 44 mm throttle body F.I.
- Starting System
- Front Travel
- 180 mm (7.1 in.)
- Front Suspension
- Adjustable independent double wishbone
- Front Brake Type
- Dual 220 mm discs / single piston calipers
- Front Tires
- Maxxis, AT25 x 8-12
- Rear Suspension
- Adjustable independent double wishbone with anti-sway bar
- Rear Travel
- 232 mm (9.1 in.)
- Rear Brake Type
- Multi-Disc wet brake in rear gearcase
- Rear Tires
- Maxxis, AT25 x 10-12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 300 kg (661 lb.)
- Front Rack Capacity
- 50 kg (110 lb.)
- Rear Rack Capacity
- 90 kg (198 lb.)
- Towing Capacity
- 600 kg (1,322 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 18 L (4 Imp. gal.)
- Ground Clearance
- 275 mm (10.8 in.)
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 2070 mm (81.5 in.) x 1180 mm (46.5 in.) x 1240 mm (48.8 in.)
- 1250 mm (49.2 in.)
- Drive Train
- Lever operated 2WD - 4WD drive mode selector
- Final Drive
- Yamaha Ultramatic CVT
- Yamaha Blue (steel wheels), Red (steel wheels)
- One year (unlimited mileage)